Quite a number of small business owners believe they do not need a website for their business since they conduct their business offline. Some believe they will decide to get a business when the business grows bigger, not realizing this is a wrong notion to have. Serious business owners never underestimate the power of the internet because they understand the implications of not being online. A lot of business owners too assume having a Facebook fan page is enough. This is important to social marketing but still, you need a real website because you’re probably losing potential customers without knowing it. If you are trying to minimize expenses or not willing to pay a developer, there are options and you can still get a free website for your business though it’s better to go all out and get a website fully paid for.
Here are 7 solid reasons why you should have a website for your business:
1. Create a good first impression They say first impression is the last impression. A professional looking business website says a lot about you and it aids your business in a lot of ways. Imaging handing your business card over to someone: The simple presence of a website gives your business a professional outlook even without the person checking the website already. It gives you credibility.
2. Customers expect to find you online In this modern age where almost everything imaginable can be found online, most customers expect to find you and your business on the internet. A customer who forgets your real address but remembers your business name may decide to run a Google search, hoping to find your website with that. Personally, I prefer dealing with businesses with functional websites and so does a lot of people.
3. Improve customer service Operating a business isn’t just about buying and selling, it’s more about relationships. The major way to keep relationships is staying in contact and a website for your business is a great platform to do that. A “Contact Us” page on your website can help you in a lot of ways.
4. Improve competitive advantage Look around you and you will find a great deal of your competitors operating exactly your kind of business having a website. You need to move ahead with the latest trend or be left behind.
5. Increase sales Whether you’re operating a small website or a large one, sales is never enough and a website for that business is one of the best ways to increase sales. You’re wondering how? With the rise of eCommerce over the years, lots of business now are based fully online, making buying and selling extremely easy for customers. Even if you’re only offering services and not really selling goods, a website is a good place to announce discounts, display your service or portfolio (if you have one), convince new clients to work with you, and so on.
6. Cost effective advertising Where else do you have the opportunity to advertise your business they way you want other than your website? Even if you have a functional Facebook fan page or a Twitter account for your business, there’s a limit to what you can talk about but a website of your own that is well integrated with a Content Management System (CMS) is a good way to advertise your new products, new arrivals or showcase completed jobs to impress potential customers.
7. Operate your business 24 hours a day! With your website available 24 hours a day, it’s like having a front office that’s reachable all the time. Customers can reach you through your website even while you’re business snoring on your bed.